The City of Exeter has implemented voluntary water conservation measures and is encouraging all Exeter consumers - residential, business and commercial/industrial classifications served by the City's water system – to help spread and balance peak water demands. Voluntary compliance will help ensure an adequate water supply and pressure for the entire City's needs, including fire protection.
The primary goal of the City's Voluntary Water Use Schedule is to distribute customers' water use throughout the week and throughout each day. The City's system is designed to deliver adequate water; however when everyone uses water during the same time period, on the same day of the week, the system becomes stressed beyond a comfortable operation mode.
Here's how you can help:
Residents are asked to limit watering to the following schedule to help reduce stress on the City's drinking water supply from June 1st to September 30th annually:
- Odd numbered street addresses water only on Wednesdays, Fridays, and/or Sundays.
- Even numbered street addresses water only on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and/or Saturdays.
- No outdoor watering on Mondays to allow the City's system to recharge.
- This program also encourages all customers to turn off their sprinklers on rainy days.
- No watering between 10AM and 8PM